I have just added a “Resources” page to my blog because as you all know I am unqualified but interested and invested in your emotional health. The problem is, I am just about the farthest thing from a certified healthcare professional. So, if you are here looking for advice on anything that should require a professional’s input, please see the start of this ongoing list of resources I’ve put together for you to get the answers and help you need on a wide array of topics.
Please comment below on any resources that you feel I should include or exclude and let me know which topics or issues you would like me to add or expand on. I am rooting for all of you.
- Addiction and Alcohol Hotline – 1-844-831-9467
- How to best support an Alcoholic.
- Getting help for your drinking problem.
- Are you worried about someone with a drinking problem?
- Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- Do you need help setting up a Safety Plan?
Depression and Suicide
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- First steps to finding support and treatment for depression.
- How to help someone you know with depression.
Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Treatment Referral Routing Service – 1-800-662-4357
- Understanding Addiction
- Need help finding addiction treatment centers?
- How to help the addict in your life.
- National Eating Disorders Association Information & Referral Helpline – 1-800-931-2237
- How to best support someone with an eating disorder.
- Where to find help for your eating disorder.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 1-800-656-4673
- Sexual Harassment Resources